• Owner/Partner of a leading nephrology practice based in the Greater
Washington, DC area
• Graduated Stanford University, Rutgers University Medical School
• Board Certified nephrologist with over 12 years of clinical practice
serving over 250 dialysis patients
• Provided medical director oversight at 2 high performing dialysis facilities
• Executed and maintained high standards with all CMS initiatives,
guidelines, and safety protocols
• Served as a key opinion leader at national events regarding hemodialysis
• Displayed high clinical acumen using evidence base medicine
to teach medical residents and students
My background as an expert witness over the last five years are below:
• Reviewed over 60 medical malpractice cases for both plaintiff and
• Demonstrated expertise at over 17 depositions.
• Testified at trial three times.
• Selected to Castle Connolly Top Nephrologist
• Awarded America’s Top Physician in Nephrology by Consumer
Research Council of America and
• Named one of the “Top 10 Nephrologist” by the American Registry
• Inducted to the Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology (ASN).
• Served on the Practicing Nephrology Group, the Nephrology Diversity
and Inclusion Work Group, and the American Society of Nephrology
Workforce and Training Committee
I provide an honest assessment of the medical facts to determine whether health care professionals or healthcare entities delivered the standard of care performance or committed medical negligence. Based on my medical education and experience and expert witness background, I explain complex kidney issues so that attorneys, jurors, and laypersons understand the science and how it impacts a person’s health.
Education & Licenses
American Board of Internal Medicine - 268053 Diplomate in Nephrology American Board of Internal Medicine – 268053 Diplomate in Internal Medicine District of Columbia – License # 37268 (Active) Maryland – License # 0067508 (Active)
View this expert’s testimonial history on:
LEARN MORE ABOUT Kevin O. Griffiths M.D., M.P.H., F.A.S.N.